Well, the sun has finally made a more consistent appearance on Oklahoma’s summer. There is just something about the summer that makes a woman want to add fun pieces to her wardrobe. Whether you need some new accessories to liven up your existing wardrobe or new staple separates, summer 2017 has a lot to contribute. It is overall a more colorful, fun, and flirty look this year!
5. Tassel Earrings- What a fun and inexpensive way to pop some color or add a little extra flair to your outfit.
4. Embellishments- From layers of ruffles to embroidery, all types of embellishments enhance this summer’s dresses, tops, and bottoms. Beautiful embellishments give a garment extra color and texture that adds interest to your outfit. Even pompoms are trimming the edges of tops, dresses, and all types of accessories from hat to shoe.
3. Floral fabrics continue to be the rage. Of course, the motifs vary in color, size, and form. From large bold tropical prints to muted vintage calico, prints adorn many of the summer fashions. If you are wondering if floral will continue into the fall months, the answer is a resounding yes! So, do not be afraid to invest in some quality floral pieces.
2. Denim – Denim is anything but a boring pair of pants this summer. It is transformed into frayed edge sun tops, structured business attire, distressed high-waisted jean shorts, rompers, and more!
1. Expose the shoulder – Of all the fashion trends this summer, this is the most predominant! Who does not want a break from Oklahoma’s scorching heat? Wearing an off-the-shoulder top or dress offers cooling while providing some arm coverage. Most importantly, off-the-shoulder tops and dresses are both sassy and romantic. What a great feminine, fun touch to a girl’s wardrobe! So go ahead, give 'em the "cold shoulder".